Tuesday 14 October 2014

Pen Pals



I am excited to announce that we will become Pen Pals with a grade 3 class in Florida this year!  This week I will begin our correspondence by introducing my class to Email as a form of writing.  We will send an email to our grade 3 pen pals to introduce ourselves and in turn they will be sending us letters that they will write.  Once we receive their letters, we will write them letters in response and mail them through Canada Post.  I am hoping that this will be an engaging and exciting activity for everyone.

As mentioned, I have introduced the children to email as a form of writing.  Together, in my email account, we composed a message to send to our new friends. The children will also be able to practice email writing with a "pretend" form that I have at our Writing Station.

With your permission, if your child would like to take it a step further I have said that they can practice their email messages by sending me one with parent assistance.  I would be happy to reply.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment